For over 25 years PJE International Ltd has established a respected position as genuine experts in the fields of dispute management, commercial and project management, programming, planning and delay analysis, and quantity surveying in the construction sector. They work mainly with sub contractors to maximise the profit on each and every project by receiving prompt and complete payment for all products and services provided.
1. With the construction sector growing after a severe downturn, PJE International Ltd wanted to ensure that their sales function was in a position to take advantage by closing more business and growing the customer base. Senior management did not have clear visibility of sales which made long-term planning problematic.
In addition the new client acquisition rate was disappointing.
2. PJE International Ltd were looking to develop a long-term strategy for the business and needed a different perspective to be introduced to the strategy development process.
1. Bruce Cooper of TyrrellCooper Ltd conducted an initial review of the complete sales process including lead generation, lead qualification all the way through to closure.
a. Starting at the beginning of the process, Bruce worked closely with the contact centre to develop new processes, call sales scripts and KPI’s as well as robust reporting processes.
b. Working closely with both field and desk based sales, Bruce introduced several major initiatives revolving around pipeline management, account management and client meeting management.
c. Weekly sales pipeline ‘Top Opportunities’ review meeting was established meaning opportunities were managed and issues preventing closure identified early.
2. Bruce worked closely with the Managing Director and Marketing Director on developing a long-term strategy for the business with clear business goals. Bruce introduced a new methodology designed to simplify the process and set out clear goals and the actions required to reach the goals.
a. Call Centre productivity improved by over 25% leading to more qualified & relevant appointments for field and desk based sales.
b. Pipeline value increased by over 60% in 3 months and turnover increased in first quarter of the process by 25%.
c. Both senior management and the sales team now have tools to clearly manage the pipeline and identify areas for improvement in the sales process.
d. The reasons for disappointing new client acquisitions were identified and processes put in place via the pipeline manage to improve this resulting in 5 new major pieces of business from new clients being closed as well as 20+ new clients being billed.
“Bruce has been engaged as a consultant/coach for my company with a focus on 3 areas:
- The complete sales process including coaching of telesales team and field sales. The review includes sales governance, sales qualification process, account management and new business growth.
- Working with myself on a 5 year strategic plan to grow the business by a multiple of 3 over that period.
- Representing my company at industry speaking events.
I had no hesitation in bringing Bruce into my organisation to help us in our new and exciting phase even though his experience in my business sector is somewhat limited to say the least. What he brings to our organisation is a wealth of sales and operational experience across a wide range of business sectors and company sizes – SME to PLC.
Bruce has created a positive impact within my business and the results achieved have had a major impact in a short period of time”PJ English